Fall is just around the corner in Hunt Valley, and as the season begins to change, so does the indoor and outdoor décor of our houses. Now is the best time to begin thinking about how to “fall-ify” your home entryway and take advantage of some creative fall accents for your replacement doors to replicate the ambiance of the season. Doors are oftentimes the focal point of a home—they bring curb appeal and can make a large impact on a person’s first impression of a house. Here are several things to think about when determining your new fall door décor:
- Creating levels in your entryway – Height is helpful when it comes to drawing eyes to your home’s doorway. There are several ways to make levels, including incorporating decorative grasses, hung lights or basket plants, or galvanized buckets to stack pumpkins or other fun fall decorations.
- Embrace color – Fall provides a brilliant color palette every year, so your front entryway should complement it. Gourds and pumpkins continually provide a wonderful pop of color, as well as color-changing leaves and apples. Warm colors are the best selection for the fall palette.
- More than corn stalks and wreaths – There are usually staple fall decorations that are used year after year, but creativity in on-trend items can make your home look unique and stylish. Some of the popular door hangers this fall include:
- Wood – try a wooden sign with a fun fall message to offer an inviting atmosphere to your entryway
- Pinecones – string a bunch together and paint them in warm hues for an added pop of color
- Burlap sack – instead of piling fall flowers into a basket, fill a burlap bag with flowers and pumpkins and hang it on your door for the perfect fall charm
- Scarecrow – turn an old straw hat into an enduring scarecrow to greet guests when they arrive at your door
Use your replacement door as a blank slate for fall creativity during this change of seasons and wow your neighbors with lively and unique curb appeal. If you have any questions about making the most of your entryway fall décor or if you think your decorating might include investing in a new replacement door this fall, give our team at Pella Windows and Doors in Hunt Valley a call at 301-354-3633 or schedule an appointment with us using our online scheduler. It’s always the perfect time for a new front door and a new look!