Kitchen remodeling was one of the most desired home projects in 2017 and it’s a good way to increase the value of your home. But, you want to make sure that you are setting yourself up for success before demolishing your existing kitchen cabinets and floors. Follow these do’s and don’ts to get the dream kitchen you’ve always wanted the appropriate way:
- Conduct research to ensure the contractor you’ve selected is qualified for the job. Browse reviews online, reach out to others for recommendations, and don’t settle just because one contractor might be cheaper.
- Consider your kitchen must-haves—are you hoping to have an energy efficient kitchen? Have a particular finish or countertop material? Do you want to have appliances with the latest technology?
- Figure out what the most sensible floor plan would be for your kitchen space. Keep it functional and efficient with plenty of storage and countertop space that matches your needs and the needs of your household. What do you want to get out of the space? How do you spend most of your time in the kitchen? Cooking? Entertaining? Gathering with your family?
- Keep all your receipts. File all your receipts in a safe place to present when filing your taxes or to use if you decide to sell your home in the future.
- Focus solely on the aesthetic of your new kitchen—shiny countertops or a perfect color palette aren’t the most vital things about your new kitchen. Make sure the quality of your cabinets, countertops and replacement windows is high to keep your kitchen running efficiently for many years.
- Forget your budget! Stay on budget by prioritizing based on your needs and what features are most important to you. We suggest budgeting at least 10 percent more than what you think you’ll need so you can cover unexpected costs during the remodeling process.
- Forget to assess the windows! Pella Windows and Doors has a range of excellent kitchen window styles that can pull together an entire kitchen remodel.
One of the most important aspects of a kitchen remodeling project is the windows—they let light into your space, set the tone for the room and provide you a gateway to the outdoors, which is especially nice when there’s a cool breeze on a summer day. If you are thinking about replacement windows as a part of your kitchen remodel, give our professionals at Pella Windows and Doors a call at 301-354-3633, stop by our Hunt Valley showroom or schedule an in-home consultation with us online so we can help you pick out the right replacement windows for your kitchen needs.