Winter weather is just around the corner in Hunt Valley and when the temperature lowers, the utility bills can often surge. There are a lot of things that you can do to prepare for the chilly season and equip your home for the weather change. Storm door installation can aid your home comfort throughout the winter season, and Pella Windows and Doors is here to help prime your home for what’s ahead.
What is so noteworthy about storm door installation? While storm doors are helpful in every season, here are some of the benefits that storm doors deliver during Hunt Valley winter:
- They increase energy efficiency – Storm doors are an extra layer between the outdoors and the comfort of your home. Their glass covering option reduces energy loss and can help decrease expenses on your heating this winter.
- They increase home security – Just as storm doors deliver an added layer of protection from the elements, a locked storm door also gives another barrier for burglars or other unwelcome guests.
Storm door installation is a good way to prep your entryway for the upcoming winter, but here are a few other ways to save some money throughout your home as the colder weather arrives:
- Check weather stripping. If your weather stripping isn’t secure, cold air can find its way in and affect your home comfort. If you have issues when reattaching or replacing loose weather stripping around your home’s doors and windows, give our Pella MidAtlantic experts a call and we’ll be happy to help.
- Clean window sills and moving parts. Debris can accumulate in the moving parts of your windows and doors, especially in your window sills. Grab a dry paintbrush and brush out these areas to make a tighter seal and better the performance of your windows and doors.
- Repair damaged exterior surfaces. Any weak spots on the foundation of your home, such as deteriorating siding or a cracked roof spot, could let cold air to sneak into your home. Talk with a professional to fix these issues before the colder temperatures hit Hunt Valley.
If you have additional questions about how to prepare your house for the colder weather, or about storm door installation this winter, give the team at Pella Windows and Doors in Hunt Valley a call at 301-354-3633 or check out our showroom to chat face-to-face with our experts. We want to help get your home ready to handle the change in seasons.