Whether it’s your front door, your patio door, or even a back door; doors play an important role in the aesthetic that guests have when arriving at your Hunt Valley home. When you choose that it’s time to replace your doors, it usually means you are ready to increase your home’s curb appeal or that you are just ready for a change in home mood. Either way, replacement doors are a big decision and require a few things to bear in mind. Lucky for you, the professionals at Pella Windows and Doors have a few things to take into account before you choose the final new door style:
- Style with decorative hardware. Complete the style of your doorway with enhancing hardware on your door, such as door hinges, bells, and knobs.
- Add a splash of color. Speaking of curb appeal, why not accentuate your door with a pop of color? Colors that complement your current paint scheme are great and uniform, but colors that provide conflict to your scheme can make your home look unique!
- Experiment with lighting. People often underestimate the use of lighting in an entryway. Whether you’re illuminating specific features, landscaping, or the door itself, good lighting can bring a complete look together and feel warm and inviting to house guests.
- Enhance with plants. The function of greenery about a doorway can also make a great first impression. Plants can draw attention to particular door details and divert attention away from other unpleasant features of a doorway.
- Try new accent features. There are many added features that can add a lot to a door, such as sidelights, decorative glass, small windows and more. With the correct accents, your door and home can receive a major revamp.
Welcome guests into your home with an appealing doorway and make a wonderful first impression. Drop by the Pella Windows and Doors showroom in Hunt Valley, give them a call at 301-354-3633 or plan an appointment online to discuss all the options for getting replacement doors to enhance the look of your home.